- Yadong Gao, Chao Yang, Sonlin Bai, Xiaolei Liu, Qingcui Wu, Chao jiang*, Xiangbing Qi*, “Visible-light-induced Nickel-catalyzed Cross-coupling with Alkylzirconocenes from Unactivated Alkenes” Chem, Dec.12, 2019. DOI:10.1016/j.chempr.2019.12.010
Significance: “First alkylzirconocenes in light-induced cross-coupling; Chain walking and cross-coupling cascade for remote functionalization of alkenes; Convergent functionalization of alkene mixtures with broad substrate scope; Novel radical coupling mechanism; First AlkyZr radical precursor! Simple visible-light energy source!“
- Ran Cao, Li Li, Zhengxin Ying, Zichen Cao, Yongfen Ma, Xiaoxu Mao,Jiaojiao Li, Xiangbing Qi, Zhiyuan Zhang, and Xiaodong Wang*.”A small molecule protects mitochondrial integrity by inhibiting mTOR activity” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Latest Articles. October 21, 2019.
Significance: “Mitochondrial damage and ensuring cell death underline many neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury. Using cellular assays that mimic the activation of mitochondrial apoptosis pathway, we screened out a novel small molecule that blocks apoptosis by protecting mitochondrial integrity and function. It also confers neuro-protective effects in a rat cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury model.”
- Xiaofei Shen#, Lin Zhao#, Peihao Chen#, Yanqiu Gong, Dingdong Liu, Xia Zhang, Lunzhi Dai, Qingxiang Sun, Jizhong Lou, Zhong Jin, Baohua Zhang, Dawen Niu, Ceshi Chen, Xiangbing Qi, Da Jia* “A thiazole-derived oridonin analog exhibits antitumor activity by directly and allosterically inhibiting STAT3” DOI: 10.1074/jbc.RA119.009801 (# Equal Contribution)
- Qiqi Chu, Changfu Yao, Xiangbing Qi, Barry Raymond Stripp, Nan Tang* “STK11 is required for the normal program of ciliated cell differentiation in airways” Cell Discovery (2019) 5:36, 1-16. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41421-019-0104-z
- Lei Zhang, Ye Zhang, Wenting Li, Xiangbing Qi*, “Total Synthesis of (-)-Alstofolinine A through a Furan Oxidation/Rearrangement and Indole Nucleophilic Cyclization Cascade” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, https://doi.org/10.1002/anie.201900156.
- Hang Fu, Nan Liu, Qiang Dong, Chunxiao Ma, Jing Yang, Jun Xiong, Zhuqiang Zhang, Xiangbing Qi, Chang Huang & Bing Zhu*. “SENP6-mediated M18BP1 deSUMOylation regulates CENP-A centromeric localization” Cell Research 2019, 254-257
- Yu Zhou, Yuanxun Wang, Pengfei Li, Xi-Ping Huang, Xiangbing Qi, Yunfei Du*, and Niu Huang*. “Exploring Halogen Bonds in 5-Hydroxytryptamine 2B Receptor–Ligand Interactions” ACS Med. Chem. Lett., 2018, 9 (10), pp 1019-1024.
Significance: The unique Halogen bond strategy via [Computational + Synthetic Chemistry synergy] was successfully utilized in CADD @NIBS
- Chao Wei, Xiao Han, Danwei Weng, Qiru Feng, Xiangbing Qi, Jin Li & Minmin Luo*. “Response dynamics of midbrain dopamine neurons and serotonin Interactions neurons to heroin, nicotine, cocaine, and MDMA” Cell Discovery，4 : 60 (2018) 1019-1024.
- Aaron Nash, Xiangbing Qi, Pradip Maity, Kyle Owens, and Uttam K. Tambar*. “Development of the Vinylogous Pictet-Spengler Cyclization and Total Synthesis of (±)‐Lundurine A” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2018, 57, 6888-6891.
Significance: The first example of Vinylogous Pictet-Spengler Cyclization was developed and successfully utilized in total synthesis!
- Rui Lin, Qiru Feng, Peng Li, Ping Zhou, Ruiyu Wang, Zhe Liu, Zhiqiang Wang, Xiangbing Qi, Nan Tang, Feng Shao, Minmin Luo*, “A hybridization-chain-reaction-based method for amplifying immunosignals” Nature Methods, 2018 (4), 275
- Cheng-Yang Wu, Santhosh Satapati, Wenjun Gui, R Max Wynn, Gaurav Sharma, Mingliang Lou, Xiangbing Qi, Shawn C Burgess, Craig Malloy, Chalermchai Khemtong, A Dean Sherry, David T Chuang*, Matthew E Merritt*, “A novel inhibitor of pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase stimulates myocardial carbohydrate oxidation in diet-induced obesity”, The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2018, 293, 9604-9613
- Cheng-Yang Wu, Shih-Chia Tso, Jacinta L Chuang, Wen-Jun Gui, Mingliang Lou, Gaurav Sharma, Chalermchai Khemtong, Xiangbing Qi, R Max Wynn, David T Chuang*，“Targeting hepatic pyruvate dehydrogenase kinases restores insulin signaling and mitigates ChREBP-mediated lipogenesis in diet-induced obese mice”，Molecular Metabolism, 2018, （12）12-24
- Xuekai Zhang, Gang Lu, Meng Sun, Madhu Mahankali, Yanfei Ma, Mingming Zhang, Wangde Hua, Yuting Hu, Qingbing Wang, Jinghuo Chen, Gang He, Xiangbing Qi*, Weijun Shen*, Peng Liu*, Gong Chen*，“A general strategy for synthesis of cyclophane-braced peptide macrocycles via palladium-catalysed intramolecular sp 3 C− H arylation”, Nature Chemistry，2018（10）, 540-548
- Xueyan Ma, Peixue Li, Peihao Chen, Jinhui Li, Hongling Huang, Chao Wang, Wenjing Li, Jianping Ding, Yun Zhao, Fa-Xing Yu, Xiangbing Qi*, Lei Zhang*，“Staurosporine targets the Hippo pathway to inhibit cell growth” Journal of Molecular Cell Biology, 2018, 10, 267-269
- Jingjing Fu, Yadong Gao, Xiangbing Qi*, Chao Jiang* “Synthesis of Polysubstituted Pyridines and Indoles by a Palladium-Catalyzed Catellani-type Alkylation-Alkenylation Sequence” ChemistrySelect, 2018,10164
- Yanli Wang, Yuze Sun, Ran Cao, Dan Liu, Yuting Xie, Li Li, Xiangbing Qi*, Niu Huang*，“In Silico Identification of a Novel Hinge-Binding Scaffold for Kinase Inhibitor Discovery” J. Med. Chem., 2017, 60 (20), pp 8552-8564
Significance: The first collaboration of [Computational + Synthetic Chemistry synergy] was successful in CADD @NIBS
- Shih-Chia Tso, Mingling Lou, Wen-Jun Gui , Cheng-Yang Wu, Jacinta L. Chuang, Lorraine K. Morlock, Noelle S. Williams, R. Max Wynn, Xiangbing Qi* and David T. Chuang* “Development of Dihydroxyphenyl Sulfonylisoindoline Derivatives as Liver-targeting Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Inhibitors” J. Med. Chem., 2017, 60 (3), 1142-1150.
- Yaling Wu, Dingbin Tang, Na Liu, Wei Xiong, Huanwei Huang, Yang Li, Zhixiong Ma, Haijiao Zhao, Peihao Chen, Xiangbing Qi and Eric Erquan Zhang*. “Reciprocal Regulation between the Circadian Clock and Hypoxia Signaling at the Genome Level in Mammals”, Cell Metabolism,2017, 25 (1), 73-85.
- Shih-Chia Tso, Wen-Jun Gui, Cheng-Yang Wu, Jacinta L. Chuang, Xiangbing Qi, Kristen J. Skvorak, Kenneth Dorko, Amy L. Wallace, Lorraine K. Morlock, Brendan H. Lee, Susan M. Hutson, Stephen C. Strom, Noelle S. Williams, Uttam K. Tambar, R. Max Wynn, and David T. Chuang*. “Benzothiophene Carboxylate Derivatives as Novel Allosteric Inhibitors of Branched-chain α-Ketoacid Dehydrogenase Kinase” J. Biol. Chem., 2014, 289, 20583-20593.
- Shih-Chia Tso#, Xiangbing Qi#, Wen-Jun Gui, Cheng-Yang Wu, Jacinta L. Chuang, Ingrid Wernstedt-Asterholm, Lorraine K. Morlock, Kyle R. Owens, Philipp E. Scherer, Noelle S. Williams, Uttam K. Tambar, R. Max Wynn and David T. Chuang. “Structure-guided Development of Specific Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Kinase Inhibitors Targeting the ATP-binding Pocket”. J. Biol. Chem. 2014, 289, 4432-4443. (# Equal Contribution)
- Shih-chia Tso#, Xiangbing Qi#, Wen-Jun Gui, Jacinta L. Chuang, Lorraine K. Morlock, Amy L. Wallace, Kamran Ahmed, Sunil Laxman, Philippe M. Campeau, Brendan H. Lee, Susan M. Hutson, Benjamin P. Tu, Noelle S. Williams, Uttam K. Tambar, R. Max Wynna, and David T. Chuang. , “Structure-based Design and Mechanisms of Allosteric Inhibitors for Mitochondrial Branched-chain α-Ketoacid Dehydrogenase Kinase.” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A.2013, 110, 9728-9733. (# Equal Contribution)
- Yi Liu, Jun Liu*, Xiangbing Qi*, and Yuguo Du* “One-Pot Synthesis of 2,4-Disubstituted Thiazoline from β-Azido Disulfide and Carboxylic Acid” J. Org. Chem., 2012, 7108–7113
- Feng Cai, Xiaotao Pu, Xiangbing Qi, Joseph. M. Ready. “Allenes in Asymmetric Catalysis: Asymmetric Addition of Boronic Acid to α-ketoesters Catalyzed by Allene-Containing Rhodium-Phosphine Catalyst”. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 18066-18069.
- Xiangbing Qi, Hongli Bao, Uttam K.Tambar. “Total Synthesis of (±)-Trigonoliimine C via Oxidative Rearrangement of an Unsymmetrical Bis-Tryptamine”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 10050-10053.
- Hongli Bao, Xiangbing Qi, Uttam K. Tambar*. “Catalytic Enantioselective [2,3]-Rearrangements of Amine N-Oxides ”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 1206-1208.
- Xiangbing Qi, Grant T. Rice, Manjinder S. Lall, Mark S. Plummer, M. Christina White* “Diversification of a β-lactam Pharmacophore via Allylic C–H Amination: Accelerating Effect of Lewis Acid co-catalyst”, Tetrahedron, 2010, 66, 4816-4826.
- Xiaotao Pu, Xiangbing Qi, Joseph. M. Ready*. “Allenes in Asymmetric Catalysis: Asymmetric Ring Opening of meso-Epoxides Catalyzed by Allene-Containing Phosphine Oxides” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 10364-10365.
- Xiangbing Qi, Joseph. M. Ready*. “Synthesis of Cyclopentenones from Cyclopropanes and Silyl Ynol Ethers” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 7068-7070.
- Xiangbing Qi, Joseph. M. Ready*. “Copper-Promoted Cycloaddition of Diazocarbonyl Compounds with Copper Acetylides” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 3242-3244.
- David T. Chuang, Shih-Chia Tso, Xiangbing Qi, Wen-Jun Gui, Cheng-Yang Wu, Jacinta L. Chuang, Uttam K. Tambar, R. Max Wynn “Inhibitors of mitochondrial pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase isoforms 1-4 and uses thereof” US20170001958A1
- Wenhui Li, Xiangbing Qi, Huan Yan, Yang Liu, Zhiqiang Wang, Bo Peng, Lei Zhang，“Polymeric Bile Acid Derivatives Inhibit Hepatitis B and D Virus and NTCP Transport”. US20170266206A1。
- Niu Huang, Xiangbing Qi, Yanli Wang, Yuze Sun. “Kinase Inhibitors”， WO2017152842A1
- Xiangbing Qi, Mingliang Lou, Enlong Wu, Peihao Chen, Qingcui Wu, “Dihydroxyphenyl Sulfonylisoindoline Derivatives”, WO2018095260A1
- Erquan Zhang, Xiangbing Qi, Dapeng Ju, Haijiao Zhao, Long Mei, Zhiqiang Wang, Qingcui Wu, “Adenosine Analog and its use in Regulating the Circadian Clock”PCT/CN2017/071903